The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an important piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation will become effective and enforceable on the 25th May 2018.
Qelp is fully committed to achieving compliance with the GDPR prior to the regulation’s effective date.
What is Qelp doing about the GDPR?
Qelp began to implement GDPR in November 2017, more than 6 months ago before the deadline. We did this because we value our customers (and their customers) and our employees’ rights to privacy. Compliance with and to international law and regulations are very important to us.
Here’s a condensed version of our GDPR Roadmap and where we are on our journey:
- Thoroughly research the areas of our product and our business impacted by GDPR – COMPLETE
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer – COMPLETE
- Develop a strategy and requirements for how to address the areas of our product impacted by GDPR – COMPLETE
- Perform the necessary changes/improvements to our product based on the requirements – COMPLETE
- Implement the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with
- GDPR – COMPLETE
- Thoroughly test all our changes to verify and validate compliance with GDPR – COMPLETE
- Finalize and communicate our full compliance – COMPLETE
What changes is Qelp making to be GDPR Compliant?
We are taking many steps across the entire company to ensure we will be ready for the GDPR. We are improving anonymity within our analytics tools and other systems and making changes to avoid receiving unnecessary data.
Based on the research conducted by our Privacy team we are confident these changes will address the requirements of GDPR.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.